EQFL at Orlando Pride
On the eve of National Coming Out Day, Equality Florida was at Orlando's Come Out with Pride, celebrating a FABULOUS year!
Accomplishment Highlights of 2010:
- We elected the first-ever out gay mayor in North Florida.
- EQFL spearheaded a successful effort to add domestic partnership benefits in the City of Kissimmee
- We led a successful effort to protect 234,000 students in Hillsborough County from anti-LGBT bullying
- Forced a debate about gay adoption on the floor of the state House and state Senate for the first time in 33 years.
- EQFL helped lead a coalition to add sexual orientation and gender identity to the Leon County Human Rights ordinance
- 87% of Equality Florida Action PAC's endorsed candidates in the Primary election either won outright or headed to a runoff.
At Sunday's pride, dozens of Equality Florida marchers walked through downtown Orlando demanding equality and reminding people to vote on November 2. At the Equality Florida booth, volunteers signed people up to get their 2010 pro-equality voter's guide. To get your voter's guide, you can go here and sign up for our e-mail list. And don't forget to vote on (or before) Nov. 2!