Lobby Days 2022
Join Equality Florida for our 2022 Lobby Days Program in Tallahassee, where you will have the chance to meet with your lawmakers! Lobby Days is a critical moment for LGBTQ Floridians and our allies. You will help advocate for pro-equality bills and fight against the wave of anti-LGBTQ legislation. As a citizen lobbyist, you will have the opportunity to share your story with lawmakers, discuss policy and issues important to you, and come together with over a hundred other LGBTQ advocates and allies just like YOU! Sign Up below:
We will also be hosting a virtual/remote lobby days for those that are not able to attend in person. Those dates are February 9th-11th.
We will begin the day for the in-person Lobby Days with a training session to ensure you are prepared and ready to meet with your lawmaker. We'll provide lunch both days, and the recommended dress is professional or business casual, with comfortable shoes for lots of walking! If you have any questions at all, please reach out to Equality Florida Field Director Wes Davis ([email protected]).
COVID PROTOCOLS FOR IN-PERSON LOBBY DAYS:
- We are urging that only individuals who have been fully vaccinated participate in this volunteer opportunity. All Equality Florida staff at Lobby Days will be fully vaccinated.
- All Equality Florida volunteers, including those who are fully vaccinated, will be urged to wear face masks throughout the event while indoors, unless eating or drinking.
- Participants will need to follow social distancing and other health guidelines posted on-site.
- Participants should avoid physical contact (hugs, high fives, etc.) with people outside of their group.
- Failure to comply with safety measures may result in participants being asked to leave the Equality Florida event space.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please do not attend the event. Visit the CDC's website for more information about coronavirus symptoms.
Here are some hotels to consider for your arrival in Tallahassee! We know many of our citizen lobbyists are traveling from out of town, and looking for lodging Sunday and Monday nights. These are a few options, in addition to services like AirBnB, with prices based on our last check:
1. Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol: $120 per night, 1 mi from Capitol
- 1355 Apalachee Parkway, Tallahassee, Florida 32301-3001
2. Best Western Tallahassee-Downtown Inn & Suites: $117 per night, 2 mi from Capitol
- 2016 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32301
3. Holiday Inn Express : Tallahassee-University Central: $122 per night, 2 mi from capitol
- 1308 West Brevard Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32304
4. Days Inn by Wyndham Tallahassee University Center: $50 per night, 2 mi from capitol
- 1350 West Tennessee St/US 90, Tallahassee, FL 32304
- (850) 848-5733
5. Baymont by Wyndham Tallahassee Central: $110 per night, 1 mi from capitol
- 1026 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32301
- (850) 224-3200