Communications Fellow Job Description
Equality Florida’s Communications Department aims to support other departments while maintaining consistency in strategy and branding and maximizing the impact and reach of messaging. The Communications Department is responsible for statewide and local eBlasts, social media, analytics and reporting, online and print materials, branding, and strategic support.
Supporting the Communications Department:
The fellow will work closely with the Communications Director and Communications Manager to learn best practices in non-profit communications with an emphasis on social media management. This is a remote position and the communications fellow will be required to work up to 10 hours per week and may be asked to assist in-person at special events.
- Help manage Equality Florida’s social media networks (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok)
- Keep track of social media metrics and learn about analytical reporting
- Assist in producing virtual events utilizing the Streamyard platform
- Help develop and implement digital engagement strategies
- Help create digital graphics utilizing Canva
- Proof online and print materials
- Help provide digital engagement support for key events
- Provide support for operations/database team as needed
Successful fellows should:
- Be present on and have practical knowledge using social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Snapchat)
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Have strong writing skills (writing sample required)
- Be organized with proven attention to detail
- Have experience working with Google Docs
Commitment: 10 hours a week per semester
Pay: $15/hour for the semester
How to Apply: Click here to apply, select Communications, and submit a current resume and cover letter.