Regional Development Leader (Miami & Key West)
Director of Development
Summary: The regional development leader leads all fundraising efforts in the Miami and Key West communities. With assistance from volunteer leadership committees, this professional plans, promotes, and executes key development events throughout the year with the objective to build support for Equality Florida and spread awareness of the organization’s work. Preferably, the regional development leader will be based in Miami. This is a work-from-home position.
Additionally, the regional development leader:
- Understands the critical role fundraising plays in advancing an organization’s mission
- Works on a virtual team and is a self-starter
- Can comfortably speak to groups of donors of all sizes
- Works proficiently with Microsoft Office and Google’s online applications
- Uses social media (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, etc.)
- Works some weeknights and weekends
- Passionately believes in the work to bring full equality to Florida’s LGBTQ community!
Salary Range: $70,000 - $90,000 with benefits including generous vacation/holiday time, comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance benefits, and a 403b retirement plan
- (40%) Manage major donor programs in Miami and Key West:
- As the primary responsibility of this role, conduct at least 75-100 one-on-one solicitations (virtually or in-person) with key donors throughout the year
- Recruit and renew high-level, annual donors (donors that contribute $500 and more)
- Plan, promote, and execute donor appreciation and donor recruitment events throughout Miami and Key West
- Recruit new corporate sponsors and nurture relationships with current ones
- Steward all Miami and Key West supporters through (but not limited to) visits, check-in calls, and personalized thank you communications
- (30%) Plan, promote, and execute Equality Florida’s largest event in Miami, the Miami Gala and Equality Florida's largest event in Key West, the Key West Celebration:
- Attain gala fundraising goals by securing individual, small business, and corporate sponsorships
- Develop, support, and manage volunteer steering and host committees
- Assist in the development of all gala logistics, including venue selection, guest registration, stage program, onsite volunteer management, and all follow-up activities as necessary
- Assist in the development of gala materials, including print and email invitations, social media promotion, and on-site signage
- Manage vendors and contracts
- (20%) Support all Equality Florida’s development programs, including:
- Corporate Sponsorships
- Florida Council Membership
- Annual online fundraising campaigns
- Give Days
- Legacy of Equality Society
- Equality Means Business
- Open Doors / Puertas Abiertas
- (10%) Represent Equality Florida at Miami and Key West events, including:
- Community events
- Commission meetings and hearings
- Coalition gatherings
- Other relevant events
- Assist other development leaders as needed
To apply, please complete this form. Use this title in the Position Applied for field: Regional Development Leader (Miami & Key West). Cover letter and resume must include your current address. Please address cover letters to Mark Puskarich.
Please note: Due to the volume of applicants we receive, we are not able to respond directly to everyone. We will be in touch with you if your qualifications match the position’s requirements. If there is not a match, we will retain your materials for future reference. Thank you!
Equality Florida is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage transgender people, gender non-conforming people, people of color, and people living with HIV to apply for open positions.
About Equality Florida
Equality Florida is the largest civil rights organization dedicated to securing full equality for Florida's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Equality Florida is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color, transgender, gender non-conforming and LGBTQ people to apply for open positions.
All positions at Equality Florida may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
Equality Florida is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit transgender people, gender non-conforming people, people of color and people living with HIV
Please note that we are not able to respond directly to every applicant. Should your qualifications match our requirements for the open position we will be in touch with you. If there is not a match, we will retain your materials for future reference.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, please see the "Take Action" page.