Broward Development Officer
Broward Development Officer
Director of Development
Equality Florida is the largest civil rights organization working to secure full equality for Florida’s lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) community. The organization is seeking a Development Officer to work with the Development Director to drive all fundraising efforts in the Broward community.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
Equality Florida is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage transgender people, gender non-conforming people, people of color, and people living with HIV to apply for open positions.
The Broward Development Officer is:
- Effective organizing and leading one-on-one meetings with individuals and businesses to educate about the work of Equality Florida with the ultimate aim of raising financial support
- Adept at working independently on a virtual team
- Able to efficiently organize, promote, and execute multiple development events of various sizes in the Broward community
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google’s online applications and is familiar with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Able to work some weeknights and weekends
- Comfortable speaking to groups of donors of all sizes
- Excited to be part of the important work to bring full equality to Florida’s LGBTQ community!
Manage our major donor cultivation and stewardship program for Broward:
- Recruit new and renew all levels of donors including major donors: donors that contribute $500 and more per year
- Plan, promote, and execute donor appreciation and donor recruitment events throughout the Broward community, including developing the programs; recruiting speakers (Equality Florida program staff mainly), presenting awards to Equality Florida contributors and community leaders, etc.
- Recruit new local and statewide corporate sponsors and nurture relationships with current sponsors; ensure all are acknowledged appropriately
- Provide stewardship for all Broward major donors through personalized thank you letters, check-in calls, and visits
Plan, promote, and execute Equality Florida’s largest event in Broward County, the Broward Gala:
- Attain Gala fundraising goal by securing individual and corporate sponsorships
- Develop and guide volunteers and volunteer steering and host committee
- Assist in the development of all gala logistics, including venue selection, guest registration, stage program, onsite volunteer management, and all follow-up activities as necessary
- Assist in the development and proofing of gala materials, including print and email invitations, social media promotion, on-site signage, slide shows, print and digital media ads, etc.
- Coordinate with the Equality Florida Communications team, developing timelines for materials to be submitted and participating in check ins to ensure quality and timely materials
- Manage vendors and contracts (caterers/valet, entertainment, etc.)
- Manage live and/or silent auction, including item procurement and listing, auction promotion, and donor appreciation
Support all Equality Florida’s development programs, including:
- Corporate Sponsorships
- Florida Council Membership
- Annual online fundraising campaigns
- Give Days
- Legacy of Equality Society
- Equality Means Business
- Open Doors / Puertas Abiertas
Represent Equality Florida at Broward County events, including:
- Community events
- Commission meetings and hearings
- Coalition gatherings
- Other relevant events
Assist other development leaders with their events, as needed
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in fundraising preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Google Apps is preferred
- Coalition-building and management experience is preferred
- Candidates must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must also have excellent speaking and writing skills, computer proficiency, and strong verbal communication skills
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to advancing Equality Florida’s goals and objectives and to the organization
- Applicant must currently live in or be willing to relocate to the Broward County area
Equality Florida offers a highly competitive compensation package, provides opportunities for advancement, and has excellent benefits including generous vacation/holiday time, as well as comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance and a 403b retirement plan.
Please send a cover letter and resume or CV to [email protected] with the title “Broward Development Officer - application” in the subject line. Cover letter and/or resume must include your current address. Please address cover letters to Mark Puskarich.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are not able to respond directly to everyone. We will be in touch with you if your qualifications match the position’s requirements. If there is not a match, we will retain your materials for future reference. Thank you!
Current Open Positions
About Equality Florida
Equality Florida is the largest civil rights organization dedicated to securing full equality for Florida's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Equality Florida is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color, transgender, gender non-conforming and LGBTQ people to apply for open positions.
All positions at Equality Florida may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
Equality Florida is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit transgender people, gender non-conforming people, people of color and people living with HIV
Please note that we are not able to respond directly to every applicant. Should your qualifications match our requirements for the open position we will be in touch with you. If there is not a match, we will retain your materials for future reference.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, please see the "Take Action" page.